Thursday 4 May 2017

Outside the Box Project Beta Work - Remade Defence Building System

After returning from our Christmas break and entering the Project Beta phase of the term I ask for assistance from our resident technician Cat, to assist me with fixing a script I had made to provide the Player with the option to purchase a Defence an option to upgrade a Defence.

After showing Cat my Script work I had already produced to build the Defences, she decided to assist me with re-making the scripts to make them a little less buggy and a little more optimised as I was working with complex mechanics and code that I hadn't had all that much experience with, and considering that I had already made the system work by myself, Cat was simply assisting me with improving what I had already produced alongside helping me fix my trouble with providing the Player a choice to buy and upgrade Defences.

Here is the result:

Build Defences Script:




Upgrade Menu Script:


Upgrade Component Script:




Build Menu Script:



The main improvement overall was the separation of my code into smaller scripts to help call functions only when needed, as that was causing some of my none optimised problems previously, such as the build spots sometimes not registering the Player clicking on them to build a Defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment