Thursday 4 May 2017

Outside the Box Project Beta Work - In-Game Tutorial


Because of my/our focus on creating one, well designed level for the Player I/we neglected a tutorial level. So to rectify that I decided to create a UI element that would inform the Player on how our game works should they require it. To broadcast that this is a "Help" button, without directly naming it "Help", I asked of Chess to design a post-it note, in lieu of our other button designs, that showcases a large ? mark.

In theory if the Player is confused they would search the game space (the screen) with the mouse to see what is available to them, and in doing so they would come across our ? mark button as seen in Figure 1.

Below are all the guideline pages I included to assist the Player should they be confused. For future development we would create a Tutorial level based on the template of our main level.

Figure 1.











No comments:

Post a Comment