Thursday 4 May 2017

Outside the Box Project Alpha Work - Concept Art - Environment

As a jack of all trades and because of the early stages of development we were in I took on some of the concept art for the environment.

Figure 1.
Figure 1. was a concept for our main menu, how it would be seen and the prominence of the game board on the table. It's very basic but I feel as though it functions in conveying the thought behind it.

Figure 2.

Figure 3.

Figure 3. was my first attempt at designing a base for the game. As can be seen, I didn't like where it was going hence why I stopped production to work on something, perhaps a little generic, but then it works well from the design point of view of a child. 

Figure 4.

Figure 4 is the child design. A kid would have seen castles in Disney films and cartoon show, and what better way to show progression by making things bigger every time? It's a rather childlike mentality that overtook many of my designs and models later on.

Figure 5.



Figure 6.

Figure 7.

Figure 8.

Figure 9.

Figure 10.





No comments:

Post a Comment