Thursday 11 December 2014

Gas Pump Maya Tutorials Sessions 4 and 5 H/w

For this assignment we were tasked with watching a tutorial on A) modelling a gas pump B) UV mapping our finished model and C) texturing said model. The first half of the assignment involved the actual creation of the model and the second half involved the texturing.


The basic shape of the Gas Pump was a simple poly cube with it's side faces rounded a little.


After some Bevelling, Extruding and Hardening/Softening of the edges I managed to complete the Gas Pump model.

UV mapping is the process of placing a texture onto the model that has a chequered appearance like the one in the image and ideally is multicoloured. the purpose of this is to see where the textures line up, if they over lap, are they reversed at all? and if so you can fix these issues here before applying the final texture to your model.


And here is the Gas Pump after I had finished texturing it, I fell as though this turned out well, and I particularly like the texture I used to show the wear and tear of the worn away console. However there are some things I need to look into more as the UV mapping helped me to fix some issues, there are still some issues left in the texture, such as the less than smooth transition from the texture on the base to the dome on the top. However I believe these are simple fixes and that it is my lack of insight in the way the UV map transitioned onto the dome before finally texturing that this issue has occurred (although it is still a minor issue).



No comments:

Post a Comment