Tuesday 17 March 2015

Term 2: Photoshop Session 7: Anthropomorphic Design


This week's session was based around Anthropomorphic creatures, the study of animals with human qualities. We were asked to design an athropomorphic creature that was based on a frog, so I began by creating myself a mood board and by looking at the two things I considered key for the frog design, the hands and eyes, I sketched out a few designs for practise and inspiration.





Here is my design which I spent 2 hours on. He is characterized as someone who is poor, homeless and has poor living conditions. I like what I have made here but the design is lacking a bit below the waist, the torso and above are the best parts of the sketch. I tried to implement some shading as that is an area I need to improve on but it didn't come out as well as it could have. My favourite part of the sketch however is the eye which I think is a significant factor in identifying this design as a frog.


No comments:

Post a Comment