Tuesday 21 October 2014

Gun H/w Project Steve Brown Session 3


Above you can see my mood board for design influence for my own Gun creation.



These were my initial sketches of guns, by starting with techniques taught in our life drawing class by using scratches and smudges to create shape and form. I also laid out the 4 types of guns I decided to choose from, a blunderbuss, a Rifle, a Handgun or a wrist-mounted gun.



I decided to focus on Handguns for my design. The developments of my handguns began with the grip, stock or handle of the gun itself, with the first sketch being the wrist-mounted stock. I created more until I came to a handle design that I liked.



I then began to develop main body of the gun itself, by designing scopes to create some intrigue to the design rather than finishing with a bland object that has little going on apart from the barrel, whilst updating the design of the gun itself.   



Following on from the scope designs I decided to add some classic design to the gun through the use of a Flintlock mechanism on the barrel which once fired uses the recoil of the shot to propel the flint back into the upright position for quick, multiple shots with excessive reloads. It was also here that I decided on a barrel design influenced by the Hand Cannon's in Destiny.



And this is my final image. the colour scheme I chose was one that was designed to be typical to most guns I.E. Grey, brown, Black but one that would also incorporate more colour to liven the image; taking influence from Destiny's HandCannon, Star-lord's gun and Guns featured in the video game Fable 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment