Wednesday 27 April 2016

Water Mill research and development

As is part and parcel with concept art, to achieve a decent design one must draw inspiration and reference both from life and from other artists ideas. Below are my principal mood boards for my project, mood boards to draw inspiration from and to mash together to form my own ideas.



Below are my principal sketchbook studies inspired by my mood boards.

 
 
Further to this I began to draw from life, after class at university I would walk around town and draw the buildings I saw, as the architecture of the majority of the buildings around town matched what I wanted to achieve with my own design for my water mill.


I used some of these structural designs as a basis for a couple of my thumbnails when I progressed on to making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment